Sunday, March 25, 2012

2

Sunday, March 25, 2012, 4:28AM

I started the blog last night at an unreasonable hour (for most people, 3am is not a good bedtime).  My sleep has never been regular.  I will tie that in soon.

What I wanted to say was that I predict many difficulties ahead.  I believe I am at a serious disadvantage.  This is good for you, because it makes this experiment more interesting.

Today, I would like to note how loud this house is.  When I am not in my college dorm, I tend to go home with my brother.  I will be staying at this house in the summer months.  Right now, I can hear a washing machine, people walking around the house, a television, and two lawnmowers.  There is no room in the house that is safe from noise or being occupied by a family member or one of my brothers' friends.  Now it is time to add this together and share my solution.

I have enhanced hearing.  It sounds like a good thing at first-- "Like a super hero! Right?"  Sure.  Every time one of our dogs barks, I will feel pain.  I will not be able to concentrate on conversations due to a distant water fountain's drizzle.  I can hear the tiniest click and the softest squeak, but it tests my patience.  Over the years, I have developed a compensation method for the over-stimulation, which is spacing out.  This is probably a good thing because I believe it expends valuable mental resources to try to comprehend, sort through, and respond to many sounds for hours on end.

In order to find a quiet place to meditate, I think I will have to create a different schedule for myself.  I had a helpful schedule last summer that involved sleeping part of the day away, but that had its own side-effects.

That's all I think I should say.  I don't want these posts to be too long.  For those who have thought to themselves, "Why not invest in earplugs?", I can hear many sounds through my skull, therefore night is the best option.

http://wintrovert.blogspot.com/2012/03/22.html

No comments:

Post a Comment