Friday, March 30, 2012

7

Friday, March 30, 2012, 9:08AM

A morning post!

I would like to mention that I used to have a few sorts of imaginary friends.  I tried to make one a while ago (maybe sometime last year).  I think the motive behind it was that I was so much different than my family and friends that I felt that I could not connect with any of them on a level that I wished.  Other than a way to work out my thoughts, it was uneventful because I did not invest much time into it.  I soon stopped paying attention to it and it just as soon faded away, though it would come back (spontaneous recovery) when I was in a certain mindset.

Another instance would be last summer when I decided to name my longboard.  From there, I began apologizing to it when it got beat up.  The reason I named it was because of a series of dreams I had before that time.  I had dreams that I was flying on a broomstick.  It made sense to me that my longboard would fit the role of my broomstick in real life.  Perhaps I saw it as too much of a coincidence to NOT name it.  I ride it every day from class to class and even take it for recreational rides at night.

After actually having a non-human to talk to, I don't think it is strange.  Pets such as dogs are very socially acceptable to converse with.  For the sake of emotional health, why not use a self-made construct if it helps with a problem?

Right now, I won't let my ankle heal from being rolled because I use that foot to kick with, but I am too attached to my board to give my ankle a rest.  It should heal over the weekend.  I still haven't run on the treadmill because of it.

http://wintrovert.blogspot.com/2012/03/8.html

No comments:

Post a Comment