Wednesday, May 2, 2012

40

Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 1:05PM

I would like to point out that even though I am passionately narrow-minded and picky in tulpa creation, I fall out of that mindset.
Here's what I mean:  All this time, I have been focusing on basically one 'look' for my tulpa.  I might have a phenomenal idea now and again, but I don't stray far away from what I have been focusing on all this time.  Part of being unmovable on my tulpa's looks may be because it took such a long time to find the face(s) I wanted to 'steal' or the time I have invested so far.  When I do feel like straying, I feel bad because I think being unsatisfied and picky can say a lot about other relationships-- especially with friends and significant others.
"Don't you like me the way I am?"
"If I didn't, I would have changed you already."
The above sounds very shallow.
However, I like to think on both sides of the argument.  I will categorize two kinds of changes:
Aesthetic
Personality
I believe that it is okay to change your tulpa's hair color before the tulpa has a personality.  Afterwards, it would be sort of like dying someone's hair while they slept.  That's just selfish.  I would probably ask first.
Personality, however, can get into philosophy.  Is it a different tulpa if the creator changes its personality?  I believe that memories make up a person.  Same experiences = same person.
Basically, respect your tulpa's rights.  If your tulpa likes its personality, have a long discussion with him/her about changing it instead of forcing it.  I am not a fan of philosophy, as I am science-minded, so I could be wrong.

http://wintrovert.blogspot.com/2012/05/402.html

No comments:

Post a Comment