Saturday, April 7, 2012

15

Saturday, April 7, 2012, 10:55PM

Why isn't this post about tulpae?*
I went out in the sun today.  That's new.  I've gotten into the habit of staying on my computer during the day and only going out at night.  I don't go into the sun unless I have to.  Why?
It is the combination of many small reasons why I am like this.  I have astigmatism, which means my sight is very restricted during bright days.  My old friends used to work during the day, only being available at night.  This caused me to sleep through the day to socialize.  As a skater, I enjoy warm nights better anyway-- less traffic, less exhaust, visible headlights, less attention, stars, and more.  I'm also a health nut, which means I've subjected myself to many frightening facts of how bad the sun is on skin.  I've even gone to the lengths of applying sunscreen every day all year round.  Just to throw it out there, I've had a slightly psychologically harmful experience in which the Florida sun turned me into a walking sore.  The sand grains melted into my skin at the beach.  If you can imagine, it was painful to remove.

*If you are wondering why the topics so far are not very tulpa related, it is because I plan on setting the stage for the right time to meditate, which is the summer.  I will post every day to let you know I am serious and so you can know me better.

http://wintrovert.blogspot.com/2012/04/16.html

2 comments:

  1. Sunburn+sand sucks.

    Also sunscreen itself may cause cancer:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential_health_risks_of_sunscreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another reason to become nocturnal for sure. I'm glad you mentioned it.

      Delete